Our Dec. 3 Parade of Darks fundraiser exceeded our goals for big fun, great beer and hearty fundraising for Denver food pantry MetroCareRing. The grand total was a whopping $12,890.
We brought in $9100 through ticket sales (way beyond our $7500 goal) and additional dough from the event's silent auction and a separate donation Web site we set up in conjunction with the event.
On December 3 from 1-4:30 PMwe're presenting our third annual Parade of Darks. This beer-powered holiday fundraiser will present over 50 of the best beers from Colorado, the US and Belgium in the amber to opaque categories.
The beer list includes holiday seasonal beers, amber ales, porters, stouts, barley wines, Belgian beers, sour beers and more from the nation's best and biggest-hearted breweries. These breweries are donating their beer to the event.
100% of all ticket sales for the Parade of Darks go to Metro CareRing, a downtown Denver food pantry that is experiencing record demand for its services in 2011.
Tickets are $25 in advance and can be purchased at ticketalternative.com. Tickets are $30 the day of the event. Admission will be limited to 300 attendees. We will also present a silent auction for Metro CareRing on the day of the event. UPDATED: brewery & beer list.
With this event we aim to hip local beer lovers to the best dark-hued beers, and then hand Metro CareRing a hefty check and enjoy some "better to give than receive" holiday pleasure. Please come and help us in this cause.
For details on Metro CareRing's efforts visit www.metrocarering.org.
Last year's event raised over $8,000 and we hope to pass that mark for 2011.
- Avery Brewing - The Czar, Old Jubilation, Out of Bounds Stout
- AC Golden - Colorado Native, Framboise
- Black Fox - La Noche Diablo, Somnambulance
- Boulevard Brewing - Bully! Porter, Nutcracker, Nommo Dubbel
- Breckenridge Brewery - Christmas Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Vanilla Porter
- Bristol Brewing - Winter Warlock Stout, Old #23 Barley Wine, Christmas Ale
- Caution Brewing - Honey Matrimony
- DeProef - Witte Noir, Lozen Boer
- Deschutes Brewing - Jubelale, Obsidian Stout
- Drydock Brewing - Wee Heavy Strong Scotch Ale, Vanilla Porter
- Firestone Walker - Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout, Walker Reserve Porter
- Fort Collins Brewery - Double Chocolate Stout
- Golden City - Black Hops
- Grand Teton - Black Cauldron Imperial Stout
- Great Divide - Yeti Imperial Stout, Oak Aged Yeti, Claymore Scotch Ale,
- Green Flash - Double Stout
- Grimm Brothers Brewing - Master Thief German Porter, Fearless Youth Dunkel
- Left Hand - Fade to Black, Milk Stout Nitro
- Lost Abbey - Judgment Day
- Mad River - Scotch Porter
- Maui Brewing - Coconut Porter
- New Belgium - 1554, Snow Day
- Odell Brewing - Mountain Standard, Isolation Ale
- Ommegang - Abbey Ale
- Port Brewing - Old Viscosity
- Pug Ryan's- Barrel-Aged Munich Dunkel, Mystery Beer
- Renegade Brewing - Hammer & Sickle Russian Imperial Stout, Great Scott
- Samuel Adams - Winter Lager. Old Feziweg, Holiday Porter, Black & Brew,
- Santa Fe Brewing - Imperial Java Stout
- Sierra Nevada - Ovilla Abbey Quad, Porter, Stout, Celebration Ale
- Ska - Steel Toe Stout, Nefarious Ten Pin Imperial Porter, Buster Nut Brown.
- Stone Brewing - TBA.
- Strange Brewing - Paint It Black Stout, Cherry Bomb Stout, Gingerbread Man
- Twisted Pine - Pearl Street Porter, Honey Brown, Imperial Porter (Wynkoop
- Wynkoop Brewing - Cowtown Milk Stout, B3K Black Lager, 2010, 2009
Barrel-Aged Barley Wine